With the holidays around the corner (seriously, how is it almost Thanksgiving?). I wanted to share some of my favorite travel apps to streamline your next trip. Also, if you need a Family Packing List to ensure you don't leave anything at home, like, say, your toothbrush, click here to download one I created now.
BOOKING A STAY
- AirBnb and HomeAway for 2+ night rentals with home-away-from-home accommodations (so far we've stayed in NYC with AirBnb and Charlottesville, Va with HomeAway).
- HotelTonight for last-minute stays at a serious discount. Sign up with code NCARUSO13 to get $25 off your first booking!
- TripAdvisor to map out an entire getaway, complete with reviews and photos from guests who experienced everything firsthand.
- Uber to get a ride, anytime. No more getting stranded or relying on the luck of catching a cab.
- Transit for metro, bus, and train info in almost every big city.
- Flight - Live Status & Weather the sleekest flight tracker app I've seen, with a minimalist design, where you can track weather and flight status all in one place.
GRABBING A BITE
- Yelp for seeing what's close by.
- Urban Daddy for creating an evening of fun.
- Thrive Market for shipping directly to where you will be (in the US only).
- Postmates for take out.
- InstaCart for fast delivery from local stores. Get $10 off your order by signing up with this link!
CHECKING OUT THE LOCAL SCENE
- AllTrails for hiking, biking, walking, and running trails for a bit of mapped out outdoor exercise, no matter where you are.
- Mass Times to find a Catholic mass, anywhere in the world.
- Journy for those that get stressed planning and need a concierge to make personalized recommendations for sightseeing, shopping, dining, and everything in between (and it works offline, great for international travel!).